Perhaps you have recently received a retroactive bonus at work. Maybe you are rolling in tax return dough. Possibly you have recently acquired a second income and aren’t sure what to do with your new pile of cash… If any of those scenarios are speaking to you; don’t worry! I’ve got just the things for your dollars.
During each episode of my current favorite podcast, The Selfie Podcast (which is about self-care, not taking selfies), the cohosts both give two thumbs up to two things that they love: a beauty product, a tv show, a book, a service, etc. I have been swayed on more than one occasion to try their recommendation for myself. And I was inspired to share my own list, because there have been several things in my life lately that I have truly loved and wanted to share with others. I can’t wait to hear what you think.
Here they are in no particular order!
- The Naked Bee Restorative Foot Balm. Grossly, my feet have always been at least 34 times more dry than the rest of my body. This balm helps to combat this dry tendency. It comes in a stick, so my hands don’t get messy at all in the process of applying it, and it smells so so so amazing. I get the Orange Blossom Honey scent. It truly smells so good that my son consistently sniffs my feet to see if I have it on, and when I do he comes back for another whiff every few minutes.
- The Luau Tacos from Islands. Ok look. I had these tacos on Sunday for the first time and I don’t exaggerate when I say that I would eat them again for the next seven nights if I could. They were delicious. Why? Because they were filled with Kahlua pork, avocado salsa and teriyaki sauce. My son asked for a second bite and I said no. And I don’t feel bad about it. Do yourself a favor and get these tacos in your life asap.
- Ole Henriksen The Truth Serum. I tried this serum at the recommendation of a friend, and I am quickly in love. I love the scent, which has a whiff of vitamin C, and I love the way it melts into my skin each night. Most importantly, I am noticing the benefits after two weeks of use. My skin is looking good. I am seriously into preserving the youth of my face, and I think this serum will help me with that.
- Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty. I whipped through this book in two days. You may be familiar with Moriarty from her past successes, and I loved her most recent book as well. When I joined the waiting list at the library I was number 78 on the list, so I had months and months of build up. I love the cast of characters, the character development, the unexpected twists of plot, and the satisfying conclusion. If you are a fiction reader, join the waiting list:)
- Skinny Dipped Almonds in Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter or Dark Chocolate Expresso. When you are in line at Target, as I am frequently, these packaged almonds may have caught your eye. Do yourself a favor and swoop up 50 to 60 bags. I haven’t actually looked at the nutritional value at all, but they are a bag of almonds, so they have to be pretty good for you, and they are so so so so so tasty. They make the perfect snack. I love them, and the kids love them too.
- Clinique Pep-Start Pout Restoring Night Mask. I’m a huge fan of chapstick, and I am finding that by using this mask each night I am not having to reapply my Carmex so frequently throughout the day. Additionally my lipstick is going on extra smooth because the mask is reducing the lines on my pout.
- World of Dance. Do you want to be inspired? World of Dance is filled with dancers so crazy good that I actually cry at least once per episode. There is an adult category and a youth category, and they are all so amazing. I watch this on Hulu, with the kids and I huddled together in amazement and joy. You don’t have to be a dancer to enjoy an intense dance competition, plus the judges, J-Lo, Neyo and Derek Hough, aren’t annoying at all.
- A Message Board. Message board popularity has exploded in this last year. You may have seen them all over the ‘gram. I love having a message board which can be changed up seasonally. I gifted them to my mom and sister, and love to receive texts of what they are currently posting, and I love to keep a humorous rotation. They can also be worked into party decor. Target has a boatload of adorable options in the $15 range.
Let me know what you think, and share your two thumbs up with me as well. I love to hear what I’m missing out on.