Who am I?
- a wife of 12 years
- the mom of 3 delicious kiddos
- a dedicated friend
- a MAJOR reader
- a woman of faith
- a teacher
- a writer
- an aspiring seamstress
- a failed small business owner
- a mediocre fitness participant
I grew up on a grapefruit ranch raising Duroc hogs for the fair each Spring, attended college in Flagstaff, Arizona on a volleyball scholarship, and moved to Southern California in 2002 to begin my life as an adult. I was in my second year of teaching when I met my husband, and we have now been married for 12 years and have 3 awesome kids. It has been a lifelong dream to be a writer; which I was reminded of in August of 2018, so I immediately began this blog and am chasing my dreams!
- I met my husband while we were both getting a drink of water at the gym.
- I taught 8th grade for 16 years before switching to 5th grade in 2018.
- I love to travel, but don’t get to that often. The furthest I have been was to Croatia.
- I love to dance. I don’t know if I am any good or not, but I do it anyway.
- I would love to be in community theater again someday. My last opportunity was in 2002 when I played the role of Miep Gies in The Diary of Anne Frank.
- My friend and I are planning on taking adult ballet classes together soon; another dream on my list.
- My favorite animal is the Great White Shark.
- My favorite color is gold.
- One of my favorite moments each day is that first sip of coffee, which my husband says makes me sound like a sicko.
- My top resolution for 2019 is to reclaim my kitchen with joy. They need to eat every night; I might as well find a way to feed them happily. So far, I’m failing.